Dr. Edward Mulholland at the Gregorian Institute helped me compile this list of ways you can tell you are Catholic in these tumultuous times.
10. You recently started using the term “matrimony” instead of “marriage.”
9. You have friends who just changed their profile picture from an Arabic letter to a Vatican flag.
8. At first you thought your Facebook friends’ Vatican flag profile pictures were rainbow flag profile pictures.
7. You wonder why Laudato Sí, the new encyclical, isn’t being printed on recycled paper.
6. You just started at least one environmentally friendly practice for the first time.
5. You are planning a trip to Philadelphia but do not plan to see the Liberty Bell.
4. You wish Pope Francis would just for once hang up on Eugenio Scalfaro.
3. None of the big global news stories you care most about was covered much in the mainstream media: the CDF Medjugorje report, the exorcism of Mexico, and plans to canonize Luis and Zelie Martin.
2. Someone said, “Happy Fortnight!” to you on July 4, and you knew what they meant.
1. You have had arguments about just how bad religious discrimination is about to get.
Username or email *
Lost your password?