Job Opening: Social Media Coordinator
YOUR ROLE: Do you thrive in social media strategy and messaging? Do you have great attention to detail and an eye for creative aesthetics? Do you enjoy staying up-to-date on politics and Church news? Are you a collaborative team player who seeks to work with other mission-driven individuals?
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of goodwill.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Find and curate relevant moments in American and Church politics to be used as social media content
- Draft, schedule, and boost social media posts within Hootsuite
- Collect and interpret social media analytics
- Engage with our followers by responding to comments and direct messages
- Develop and maintain relationships with similar social media accounts
- Consistently post to the story and reels by creating engaging content with creative storytelling
- Write social media captions
- Coordinate paid social media influencer campaigns
- Assist with finding articles for our daily email newsletter the LOOP
- Manage projects and execute all merchandising needs
- Communicate with merchandise vendors
- Willingness to publicly share your likeness and speak articulately preferred
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for furthering the mission and vision of CatholicVote
- Experience in social media management and strategy
- Experience with a social media scheduling platform (ex. Hootsuite)
- Proficient knowledge of the google docs and sheets
- Ability to identify relevant content in the news and social media
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to receive, give, and interpret feedback
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, ensuring high quality products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic experience with Photoshop preferred
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
This position is based out of our Carmel, IN office.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.