Job Opening: Human Resources Assistant (Part-Time)
YOUR ROLE: The HR Assistant is key to supporting CatholicVote’s success in the daily administrative and HR duties of the organization. The HR assistant will primarily work with the HR Manager to develop and implement programs to support employees and better manage the overall operation of the organization. Based out of the DC, this candidate will join a fast-paced team of people passionate about the mission of CatholicVote.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of goodwill.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provides clerical support to the HR Manager
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Assists in the full cycle recruiting process including strategizing optimized recruiting efforts, posting jobs, screening applications, and onboarding
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as organization-wide meetings, holiday parties, and miscellaneous org events
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Performs other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for the mission of CatholicVote
- At least one year of work experience in a human resources role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, applicant tracking systems (ATS), and similar computer applications
- Commitment of 15-20 hours per week
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
This position is based out of DC but remote applicants are welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.