Did you hear what Hillary just said?
Here is the quote: “I’ve been fighting to defend religious freedom for years.”
The context for her shameful lie is an editorial she had published today in a Utah Mormon newspaper — a state where social conservative voters prioritize religious freedom. In her editorial she claims that as Secretary of State she made it a priority to fight for religious freedom around the world.
What a bunch of nonsense!
- When the Little Sisters of the Poor fought for a simple accommodation to avoid purchasing abortion drugs, Hillary opposed them. According to Hillary Clinton, everyone must purchase abortion drugs: “every woman, no matter where she works.”
- And what did Hillary Clinton do when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby corporation upholding their First Amendment right to religious freedom? Clinton attacked the Supreme Court calling the decision “deeply disturbing.”
- Even today Hillary is championing the “Equality Act” — a radical new law that would force Catholic schools and charities to hire openly homosexual staff — even when these employees publicly oppose the Church!
- Hillary Clinton even opposes the religious freedom laws passed in Indiana, North Carolina and elsewhere…despite the fact that these laws were modeled after the Religious Freedom Restoration Act signed by her husband!
- And as President, Hillary Clinton is certain to continue the assault on Catholic charities that receive federal grants, including those that help sex-trafficking victims.
And this is only the start.
The truth: Hillary Clinton is no friend to religious liberty.
You and I know better. Religious freedom is meaningless to Hillary if it gets in the way of Planned Parenthood, the LGBT lobby, or anyone that opposes the radical progressive agenda aimed at destroying our Church and our freedom.
Hillary Clinton is after one thing only: votes.
Don’t be fooled. Hillary’s claim to support religious freedom is another lie.