Job Opening: Email Marketing Lead
YOUR ROLE: This position will oversee the organization’s email marketing programs including data management, proper segmentation, email writing process (as needed), light copywriting work, building of customer journeys and nurture campaigns, and assisting with team built omni-channel marketing campaigns. The Email Marketing Lead will manage and maintain the integrity of the email sending database, enforce policies, procedures, and accuracy of data.
The Email Marketing Lead must fully grasp the complexity of email sending and email data management and have a strong understanding of email marketing best practices and data analysis. The goal of the Email Marketing Lead is to grow the mission of CatholicVote through email.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of goodwill.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Send all emails from various departments within the organization
- Oversee the email system maintaining user permissions and access, asset management, and automated journey and nurture campaigns
- Build and maintain automated email journey and nurture campaigns in order to secure more one-time and monthly donations, re-engage lapsed subscribers, and gain more followers
- Work closely with the Editor of the LOOP to ensure successful email deliverability daily of the product
- Grow the CatholicVote subscription base with prospecting and marketing campaigns by engaging with team members and outside vendors
- Ensure CatholicVote is engaged in email marketing best practices by staying up to date on both email marketing trends and requirements for compliance
- Email design, knowledge of rendering and basic HTML, and continual design improvements
- Troubleshoot any inboxing issues as they arise by working closely with email system provider
- Maintain a clean database with frequent purging of dead or bot emails
- Utilize strong data analytics skills in order to build ai optimized campaigns with flexibility to increase effectiveness over time
- Assist the Copywriter with the internal email process by holding key stakeholders responsible for their contributions to the process
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the email system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Train new and existing staff and interns on effective email system use
- Manage relationships with email and SMS vendor account representatives
- Become the main point of contact for the vendors related to email
- Sourcing, engaging and negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Manage integration of data between the email system, SMS system, Sugar CRM, and other platforms and trouble-shoot when synchronization issues arise
In conjunction with position-related skills, the Email Marketing Lead will be an integral member of the CatholicVote team with these criteria:
- Develop, maintain and promote positive and professional relationships with staff, vendors, in order to achieve departmental and organizational goals
- Maintain a commitment to, and ability to convey, CatholicVote’s mission with genuine passion, and the willingness to continually learn about the programs and mission
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for furthering the mission and vision of CatholicVote
- A minimum of 1+ year(s) experience in email marketing
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to receive, give, and interpret feedback
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, ensuring high quality products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
This position is located in Carmel, IN.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.