Over 100 prominent Catholics in San Francisco have paid for a full-page advertisement asking Pope Francis to oust Archbishop Cordileone for fostering “an atmosphere of division and intolerance.” His crime? Setting the expectation that San Francisco’s Catholic schools would follow the teachings of the Church.
But with a little digging, it becomes clear that these “concerned Catholics” might be more interested in promoting a radical political agenda.
Here’s what I was able to dig up on a few of the wealthy San Franciscans who signed the letter. It’s a little fishy that these “concerned Catholics” have consistently contributed to politicians who radically oppose Church teaching. See what else you can find … and post in the comments! We can’t let them get away with this.
Charles Geschke (chairman of Adobe Systems and previously head of the Board of Trustees at the University of San Francisco)
– Donated over $200,000 to the Democratic Congressional campaign committee
– $40,000 in support of the Democratic National Committee
– $2,300 in support of Nancy Pelosi, who claims to be Catholic but openly supports abortion
– $4,000 in support of John Kerry, another Catholic who supports abortion
Clint Reilly (political consultant and businessman)
– Contributed $25,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign in 2006
– $28,500 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign in 2008.
– $5,000 in support of Barack Obama, who has consistently opposed religious liberty
– $4,600 to Nancy Pelosi
– $5,000 to the Democratic National Committee in 2014
Lou Giraudo (former city commissioner and business executive)
-Contributed to over $24,000 to Nancy Pelosi
– $6,000 to Dianne Feinstein
– $4,300 to Barbara Boxer
If you can help expose the signers of this letter as citizens who are more concerned with liberal politics than with protecting the Church, comment below!