The Supreme Court is deliberating right now whether or not there is a constitutional right to same-sex ‘marriage.’
This ruling could impact children, the family, and the future of America for generations to come. The court is expected to announce its ruling by the last day of June, which is precisely 40 days from tomorrow.
In preparation, CV has launched a national prayer campaign starting tomorrow. We’re calling it 40 Days of Prayer for Marriage and it will go from May 22 to June 30.
There are any number of ways to participate in this 40 Days of Prayer for Marriage:
- Offer specific sacrifices or do something generous, however small, for your spouse and children; offer this up for the cause of marriage (your marriage and family life will benefit too!).
- Fast on Fridays, which is still the normal practice of the Church — specifically for the cause of marriage.
- Pray the rosary for marriage, as we recommended last month, or perhaps you could pray nine rosaries during these 40 days — one rosary for each of the nine justices on the Supreme Court.
- Organize a Holy Hour for marriage in your parish.
- Simply pray a Hail Mary each day for this special intention.
Fasting, prayer, and sacrifice are exactly what we need right now.
We don’t know how the Supreme Court will rule. They have surprised us before. But no matter what happens, you can’t lose with prayer. And if the Court rules against us, our prayers and sacrifices will only prepare us for whatever comes next.
In witnessing for the cause of marriage, we will show future generations that when this historic decision came down, we stood with the truth. We voted for marriage at the ballot box. We supported candidates who stand up for marriage as a union of one man and one woman. And we defended marriage in the court room.
And each time, we surrendered ourselves to the will of God, uniting all our our action with prayer.