Job Opening: Prospect Research Analyst
YOUR ROLE: This position is a key role on our development/fundraising team. Principally, it will support the fundraising efforts of our major gift officers by helping to identify major donor prospects. In addition, this role will help build out the capabilities of our CRM system (Sugar) and provide other support to our fundraising efforts as needed.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of goodwill.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Proactively identify new donor prospects for major gift officers from existing contacts in CRM database
- Research existing donor prospects, adding new information of use to major gift officers
- Manage relationships with database vendors, to maximize money spent procuring external data
- Mass append new data, donations to related orgs, etc., as appropriate to existing contact records to help identify new donor prospects
- Actively seek out new, external data sources to append to existing contact records
- Create and run reports to focus research efforts and substantiate results
- Actively seek out potential enhancements to CRM system
- Work with database vendor, to identify and implement CRM system enhancements
- Oversee activities of database vendor to ensure delivery expectations are met
- Support Development team members as needed with processes related to donor contributions, donor pledges, donor communications, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for the mission of CatholicVote
- Strong experience using customer relationship management software
- High attention to detail
- Affinity for managing and performing complex administrative tasks
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word and Google applications
- Collaborative spirit and the desire to support a larger team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
This position is based out of our Carmel, IN office but remote applicants are welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.