Job Opening: Freelance Graphic Designer
YOUR ROLE: The graphic designer will be involved with design tasks from conception to completion, and encouraged to think creatively along the way. From March to July, this candidate will principally support and report to CatholicVote’s senior graphic designer. The day-to-day workflow will be producing creative assets for our social media accounts, repurposing existing designs for alternative formats, and working on a variety of projects from multiple teams. We are looking for a passionate creative designer with the ability to create digital and print pieces for a fast-growing company.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote is a lay movement of committed Catholics who are passionate about living out the truths proclaimed by Christ and His Church in the modern world. We are joined by many individuals of other faith traditions because the common good we seek is universal to all men and women of goodwill.
Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Create designs using Adobe’s digital design software, both original and from templates
- Design social media content for multiple platforms and channels
- Gather information from departments to create unique update pieces for donors
- Create images and gifs to be sent in texting and postcard campaigns in swing districts
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
- Collaborate with the senior designer and marketing team to launch projects
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to being driven to develop your copywriting skills, the ideal candidate will have the following:
We require a portfolio of your design work to be considered for this position.
- Passion for the mission of CatholicVote
- At least one year of work experience as a graphic designer
- Experience with design software, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Excellent typography skills and knowledge
- Willingness to jump between a variety of differing projects in subject, scope, and platforms
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize high-volume workflows
- High attention to detail
- Interest in and understanding of the Catholic faith and its imagery
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Copywriting experience, specifically in advertisement and social media creatives is a plus
- Minimum of 10-15 hours per week
- Available to work from March 2023 to July 2023
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
This position is remote.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.