Job Opening: EDIFY Operations Associate
YOUR ROLE: Do you aspire to be part of a team and an organization which seeks to strengthen America and the Catholic Church? Would you be proud to tell friends that your team creates videos that reach millions and inspire them to make their lives, our Church, our country, and our world a place of human flourishing and the common good? Are you the type of person who naturally loves to say “how can I help?” If so, this may be the perfect job for you!
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to join our EDIFY team in order to help manage projects and provide support in all aspects of our video creative and promotional processes.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote.org is a lay movement of committed Catholics. Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of the faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
EDIFY is our latest significant initiative which seeks to develop powerful short videos on the important questions being discussed and debated in American culture and then to promote them so that the videos will reach millions. Each animated video will feature a great teacher and be built upon the foundational principles of America and from Catholic Social Teaching.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Keep the team on track by capturing all deliverables and dates and supporting team members in the completion of those tasks.
- Draft, customize and edit EDIFY’s weekly planning and promotional documents.
- Review and provide input on EDIFY video drafts by evaluating how well each video applies our design standards.
- Analyze EDIFY data in spreadsheets.
- Collaborate with CatholicVote’s marketing team and with EDIFY team members to ensure all video promotional materials are delivered on time.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Complete various short tasks to provide strong support to EDIFY team members.
WHAT YOU NEED:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for furthering the mission of Catholic Vote and the vision of EDIFY.
- Great communication abilities to receive, interpret and implement feedback.
- Strong natural project management skills to keep the team organized and on-track.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Natural tendency to provide concrete and concise status updates.
- High attention to detail, reviewing your work carefully and ensuring high quality work.
- High initiative, being a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- A deep desire to learn and to communicate Catholic Social Teaching.
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use Google Sheets (very well), Docs (very well), Slides (well), Slack and email effectively.
- 2-4 years of professional or related experience which demonstrates both high personal productivity as well as examples of helping increase the productivity of others on your team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Regardless of major, the ideal candidate will show strong quantitative thinking abilities.
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
Ideally, candidates will live and work in the Chicago, Boston, or Indianapolis areas. Candidates who seek to work remotely are still invited to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
MISSION: To inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of the faith in public life
VISION: To be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.