Job Opening: Customer Service Representative
SUMMARY: CatholicVote is seeking a full-time or part-time Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team working in Carmel, IN. This candidate must share in the mission of CatholicVote to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life.
This person will work collectively with the CatholicVote team and report directly to the Director of Marketing. They will be responsible for providing world-class customer service to the donors and followers of CatholicVote, as well as supporting the CatholicVote’s (CV) development and programming teams. Duties will include but are not limited to assisting with answering incoming calls, responding to general CV emails, supporting the programming and development teams.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote.org is a lay movement of committed Catholics. Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
This position will assist the current Office Manager/Customer Service Representative with:
- Answering the main phone line; assisting with general questions, taking messages or forwarding phone calls to appropriate team member, responding to voicemails
- Monitoring general CatholicVote email inbox; responding to general questions, forwarding emails to appropriate team members
- Sorting and managing incoming physical mail
- Monitoring and responding to LOOP email
- Coordinating with mail-house to remove followers from mailing list as needed
- Communicating on CatholicVote’s behalf with people both internally and externally
- Maintain all swag inventory shipping from the office including direct to consumer product and booth materials for conferences
- Depositing contributions and entering data into CRM
- Sending out thank you letters to donors
- Assisting the development team in sending out end-of-year tax letters including data cleaning and physical mailing
- Sending out all pledge reminder letters on behalf of the development team
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Experience in an administrative role or customer service role preferred
- Ability to respond to emails and phone calls efficiently and professionally
- Ability to cooperate with other employees to ensure a smooth running, effective office operation
- Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability
- Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office and Google software products
- Previous experience using a CRM system is a plus
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication
- Comfortable working in a visibly Catholic environment
- Preferred interest in the Political sphere
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
Candidates must be able to work from our office in Carmel, Indiana. Applicants looking for remote opportunities will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Our Mission is too important to limit your contributions. We are a team committed to a higher calling. As a CatholicVote employee, you will be expected to answer that calling by performing various duties that may be required in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to accomplish.
Please note: CatholicVote reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.