Job Opening: Copywriter
YOUR ROLE: Are you a writing professional with the skills to write compelling and concise messages? Do you want to apply those skills to help inform Catholics about the critical cultural and political issues of the day? If so, this may be the perfect job for you!
CatholicVote is looking for a copywriter with 5+ years of writing experience. Professional email writing experience or Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or other related subject is considered a plus. We’re looking for a team member to help us maintain our standard of cohesive, interesting, and excellent written content that inspires viewers to engage with and live out the Catholic faith fully in public.
WHO WE ARE: CatholicVote.org is a lay movement of committed Catholics. Our mission is to inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life. Our vision is to be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Write clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. emails, blog posts, newsletters)
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Conduct thorough research to formulate ideas or support writing
- Collaborate with marketing and development teams on large and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns, brochures, newsletters)
- Learn about the target audience for copy
WHAT YOU NEED:
In addition to being driven to develop your copywriting skills, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Basic knowledge or interest in politics
- Passion for furthering the mission and vision of CatholicVote
- Willingness to receive, interpret and implement feedback and to provide concrete status updates
- Ability to mediate creative problems and challenges to arrive at the best solution
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, reviewing your work carefully and ensuring high quality work
- High initiative, being a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Strong communication, research, and typing skills
- Professional email writing skills preferred
PHYSICAL JOB CONDITIONS:
- Work may be performed seated for long periods of time with close PC and keyboard work.
- Normal office environment and noise levels. Average lift less than 10 lbs.
The ability to work in Chicago or Carmel is a plus, though those working remotely are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Hiring@CatholicVote.org.
MISSION: To inspire every Catholic in America to live out the truths of our faith in public life
VISION: To be the most recognized and respected voice for Catholicism in American public life and in so doing bring about a renewal of the culture of our land.